Saturday, July 4, 2015

Red White and Blue

Oh how I love to sew! Straight line sewing that is...I wish I could really see as in make clothes and quilt but alas I will stick to scrappy sewing!

In honor of the Fourth of July I wanted to share a sweet and super easy project made using Scraps! 


You will need some scraps of fabric in the following colors: red, white & blue and some bits of ribbon and some lace.

I used a a base fabric like some Muslin to see onto. I first started off with the rows of blue fleece & ribbon bits and sewed them down in rows not really worrying about things laying perfectly straight. Once I had things laying like I liked I free hand stitched all over the top to help make it lay flat!!!


Then I free hand cut out stars from some thick lace and stitched them to the blue.

Then came the bottom part - I used bits of burlap, ric rac, and some seam binding...and just stitched across the top only because I wanted it to flow and go with the breeze (should a freak wind kick up suddenly in this heat) 



I love the shabby look of it. It Looks handmade and that's the look I was going for, (wink wink) 

I decided that this would be something I leave out year around to show our support for the most amazing people who fight for our freedom and those who have fought in the past! 

Feeling proud to be an American!

Happy 4th of July everyone! 

I'll be linking this up to the following parties: 



xo
Tina




No comments: